1. Mix all ingredients until well blended.
2. Store in tightly covered jar in cool, dry place.
Pan-Roasted Flank Steak and Onions:
- Use as a rub for grilled chicken – 1 tablespoon Spice Blend per one pound chicken.
- Stir Spice Blend into hot, cooked rice to taste.
- Jazz up meat and vegetarian chili and casseroles.
- Simmer 1 teaspoon with cranberry or other fruit sauce.
Rub both sides of 1 flank steak (about 1 pound) with 1 tablespoon Spice Blend. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness, turning halfway through cooking time. Remove from skillet; cover with foil to keep warm. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet on medium heat. Add 1 large onion, thinly sliced, 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped and 1 tablespoon Spice Blend; cook and stir 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Slice steak and serve with onion mixture. Makes 4 servings.