• Fiber Rich • Low Calorie • Meatless
6 cups cubed winter vegetables, such as carrots, butternut squash, onion and potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1/2 pound portobello mushrooms, cut in half, then into 1/2-inch strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound sweet potatoes
1 cup apple juice, divided
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Nutmeg, Ground, divided
1 1/2 cups Kitchen Basics® Unsalted Vegetable Stock
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Garlic Salt
1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Mustard, Ground
1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss chopped vegetables and mushrooms with oil in large bowl. Spread in single layer on large baking sheet. Roast 25 minutes or until vegetables are golden in color.
2. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork. Microwave 5 to 10 minutes on HIGH or until tender, turning potatoes over halfway through cooking. Cool 5 minutes; remove skin. Mash with 1/4 cup of the apple juice, butter and 1/4 teaspoon of the nutmeg until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
3. Mix vegetable stock, remaining 3/4 cup apple juice, cornstarch, garlic salt, mustard, thyme and remaining 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in large skillet with wire whisk until well blended. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 minutes. Add roasted vegetables; stir gently. Pour into 2-quart casserole. Top with mashed sweet potatoes.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until sweet potato topping start to brown.
To prepare with canned sweet potatoes: Microwave 2 cups of drained canned sweet potatoes and butter on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted and potatoes are warm. Mash with 1/4 cup apple juice and 1/4 teaspoon of the nutmeg until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm. Continue with Step 3.