1. For the Green Curry Sauce, mix all ingredients in medium saucepan. Simmer 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. For the Salmon, preheat grill to high heat. Make a tray out of a doubled-length of heavy-duty foil large enough for the salmon fillet, by folding a long piece in half and folding up all four sides, with the dull side up. (The shiny side reflects, so you want it down so as not to burn the food.) Grease the foil tray with olive oil until well coated. Place the foil tray on a baking pan to transport to the grill.
3. Mix ginger, basil, sea salt, coriander, cumin, paprika, turmeric and red pepper in small bowl. Place the salmon fillet in the foil tray, skin-side down (or boned-side up if it is skinned). Squeeze 2 teaspoons of the lime juice over salmon. Rub the ginger spice blend into the salmon.
4. Place baking pan with foil tray on hot grill. Transfer the foil tray to the hot grill. Cook in covered grill for 10 minutes per inch of thickness of the fish fillet. Do not overcook or it will be dry. Turning is not necessary. Salmon is done when it turns a light pink color throughout and feels firm when pressed gently with the back of a fork.
5. To serve, use a spatula to lift the salmon away from the skin. Top with Green Curry Sauce. Squeeze remaining 4 teaspoons lime juice over top and sprinkle with fresh basil.
To prepare in oven: Bake salmon in foil tray on baking pan in preheated 475°F oven 15 minutes or until done.
This recipe was created by Cat Cora, Bon Appétit Executive Chef, for the McCormick® Gourmet Collection.