4 cups Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Stock, divided
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup polenta
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound)
1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt, divided
1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Rosemary, Crushed
1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sage, Rubbed
1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground McCormick® Gourmet Collection Black Peppercorns, Tellicherry, divided
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium shallot, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons white truffle oil
1. Bring 3 cups of the chicken stock and half-and-half to simmer in heavy medium saucepan on medium heat. Whisking constantly, add polenta in thin stream. Cook 20 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of the butter and mascarpone cheese until well mixed. Keep warm.
2. Remove 1 1/2 inches of the broccoli rabe stems and any tough outer leaves. Cook in boiling salted water in large saucepan on high heat 3 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp. Immediately transfer to ice bath to stop cooking process. Place broccoli rabe on paper towels to drain.
3. Mix flour, 1 teaspoon of the sea salt, rosemary, sage, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper in shallow dish. Coat chicken on both sides with flour mixture. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken to platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Stir shallots and garlic into skillet. Cook and stir on medium heat 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add wine; cook and stir until most of the wine has evaporated. Add remaining 1 cup chicken stock. Bring to boil on high heat and boil 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and truffle oil; cook 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened. Return chicken to skillet. Cook 1 minute or until heated through, turning chicken to coat with sauce.
5. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add broccoli rabe; cook and stir 2 minutes or until heated through. Season to taste with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt and pepper. To serve, place polenta and broccoli rabe on each plate. Arrange chicken on polenta. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip: White truffle oil can be found in specialty food stores. If unavailable, substitute extra virgin olive oil.
This recipe was created by Christopher Lee, Executive Chef at New York’s Aureole restaurant, for the McCormick® Gourmet Collection.